Thursday, July 12, 2007

ZAD BOOK- Foreword to 2000 Edition

Foreword to the ZAD Book: By Victor Pais

I and Valu, (author) are friends from our childhood days. The friendship grew closer in our grownup years, as we shared the same ideology and participated in many group activities. As young adults, at festivals party times in our friends circles, although, everyone in the group take their drinking enjoyment, but I remember Valu, even though he lively participated in the group's fun but never took the alcohol drink. We knew him that he had this strong character, if he takes to any taste he will cling to the habit very fast. He was already a heavy smoker and the alcohol drink may prove fatal to him.

As the years passed by as the events turned out, Valu started drinking alcohol latter in his adult life and soon got into the strong drinking habit. As I was accompanying him I too started drinking alcohol daily. A 180ml. (around five drinks) in the evening became my standard limit. However, Valu constantly over riding this limit over many times. In my long years of drinking career, I did face many difficulties and troubles due to this drinking habit as I see it today. My mental and physical health suffered a lot. Many times I gave up alcohol only to resume it once again. It became essential to my life as a necessary part to live with.

I had my own reservations when Valu first gave me to read this paper 'A Scientific Method to Minimize Alcohol THE ZERO ALCOHOL DRINK THEORY'. I had my own doubts about the scientific underlining of this method. I could not really believe in the properties of that 'Blended drink' could substitute the requirement of real alcohol intoxication! I was not ready to give up my old ways of alcohol drink for this new "scientific" method. I was not terribly convinced about this theory and not too keen in adopting this method. It was after long discussion on this minimizing method about its beneficial aspect that I finally realized that it is my prefixed ideas, mind set or the prejudice regarding the basic purpose, natural function and actual (biological) need of the alcohol drink that really preventing me from accepting this minimizing method.

Once I cleared myself of this mental block, it became quite easy for me to successfully adopt to this method. Soon I was able to reduce my alcohol gradually from 180ml to a stable and steady 20ml. a day! Now I don't want to reveal whether I had reached my zero alcohol drink or not! Because I don't want to preemptively influence any of the readers on their ability in successfully zeroing their alcohol drink. Also because as we all know that the alcohol addicts are very much capable of completely stopping, giving up or totally abstaining from their alcohol drink at once. (which may stand paralleled to the zero alcohol!) However, what is most important in this method for those strongly alcohol addicted people is, to successfully reduce their alcohol step by step to that negligible minimum level at around 10ml., every day with consistency, which is so far believed to be simply impossible to achieve for any category of alcohol drinkers let alone the alcohol addicts.
Today, I drink this negligible amount as my standard minimum limit every day with most drinking satisfaction and fulfillment. No doubt this new method of blended alcohol drink is far more superior to that of my old way of drinking. It has greatly benefited my life in many ways.

The most important point that I would like to corroborate in here is, the readers of this theory book who have been drinking may not be convincingly able to adopt to this scientific method immediately after reading this book at once, as it happened in my case. Those who desire but find it difficult to properly understand and adopt this method may require further consultancy or correspondence to clear out their suspicions, reservations and doubts.

Theories vastly differ in their practice. Even though, they are universally same everywhere in their basic laws, they vary in forms and configurations in each individual case, while in practice. As people come from different backgrounds, have their own characters, opinions, views regarding their actual purpose and real needs of drinking alcohol. This needs to be addressed with more personal care, interactions and demonstrations especially sharing with others personal and collective experience which could help them successfully adopting this method and gaining its all significant benefits.

Therefore, we urge to anyone who think that they have not yet benefited from adopting this method, please to write and consult with us so that we can work together towards its ultimate success. It is also important on the part of those fortunate people who have already grasped or cognized the essence of this principles and adopted this method and able to succeed in it.

We appeal to all of them to write to us showing their remarkable examples, describing their individual experience, sharing their ingenious ways valuable insights ideas and knowledge so, (we can publish it in our next book edition) to help others who unfortunately lag behind in this method. People should come forward to establish a network of concerned people who have successfully adopted and significantly benefited from this method.

There is a need to organize study meetings debates and seminars at the grass-root levels. The social service, Health, welfare NGO'S can greatly help in this task. There is a pressing need to conduct further scientific research, statistical study on this method. Also some national and international forums and a mission to spread this information worldwide to help those who are very much in need to get rid themselves completely from their fatal alcohol addiction while still able to fully enjoy the pleasures of their blended alcohol drink forever in their life. Wishing you all the ZAD success; please write.

Yours sincerely
Victor Pais
ALCOHOLICS CUREWELL
St. Joseph Nagar, Jeppoo.
Mangalore - 575002. INDIA.

Please Note: Made some correction particularly in the Foreword title-Hari


No comments: